Netanyahu and Trump speak for more than half an hour as US intelligence officials tell Fox News Tehran is using stalling tactics to complicate a possible return to military action
***
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke Sunday evening with U.S. President Donald Trump amid reports that fighting with Iran could resume this week. The conversation lasted more than half an hour and ended shortly before the start of a meeting of Israel’s security cabinet.
The two discussed Iran, and Trump updated Netanyahu on his visit to China. An Israeli official told ynet that the question of a strike on Iran remains unresolved and that the president still has to make a decision.
“He needs to be at peace with the decision himself, and if he decides to resume the fighting, Israel will likely be asked to join,” the official said.
Earlier Sunday, Fox News reported that “a renewal of fighting with Iran may be approaching due to Trump’s frustration with Iranian tactics and Tehran’s refusal to comply with his demand that it abandon its nuclear weapons ambitions.”
According to intelligence officials operating in the Middle East who spoke with the network, “the prevailing assessment in Iran is that President Trump may turn to renewed military action, and Tehran is now deliberately pursuing a strategy of deception and delay in hopes that buying time will complicate any possible return to fighting.”
Alan Dershowitz: “Anti-Semitism is now the world’s most urgent civil rights issue”
From anti-Semitism in academia to the future of Israel, Iran and the growing hostility toward Jews worldwide, Alan Dershowitz delivers one of the most powerful and uncompromising conversations yet on ALL CAPS — warning that anti-semitism has become “the most pressing civil rights issue in the world today.”
Watch the full episode on our site alongside Nitsana Darshan-Leitner, Sarai Givaty, Titi Aynaw and India Naftali now on our site.
@shurat_hadin@nitsana_darshan_leitner@saraigivaty@titiayenew@indianaftali
יצאתי עם יוסף חדאד ועוד פעילי הסברה למשט שלום על מנת להסביר לעולם כי משט המרמרה 2 הוא משט של ארגון טרור שכל מטרתו לפגוע בישראל. אין הם מביאים סיוע הומניטרי לעזה כי אין צורך. 600 משאיות של מזון ותרופות מגיעות לעזה מידי יום אבל החמאס לוקח אותם מהתושבים ומוכר אותם בכסף רב.
העולם צריך להבין כי צריך לפרק את החמאס אם רוצים לדאוג לאזרחים בעזה !
I went out with Yoseph Haddad and other advocacy activists on a peace flotilla in order to explain to the world that the Mavi Marmara 2 flotilla is a flotilla of a terrorist organization whose entire purpose is to harm Israel. They are not bringing humanitarian aid to Gaza because there is no need. 600 trucks of food and medicine enter Gaza every day, but Hamas takes them from the residents and sells them for a lot of money.
The world needs to understand that Hamas must be dismantled if we want to care for the civilians in Gaza!
Iraqi officials tell New York Times covert Israeli bases supported strikes on Iran, sparking anger in Baghdad over alleged violations of sovereignty
***
The report follows a Wall Street Journal report last week that said Israel had built a covert military outpost in the Iraqi desert to support air operations against Iran and had carried out strikes against Iraqi forces that nearly discovered it at the start of the war.
Link to full details on our story
Tehran threatens to target undersea cables in the Strait of Hormuz, potentially disrupting banking, cloud services, military communications and internet traffic across continents; UAE reports fire near nuclear plant amid reports of drone attack
***
Iran is threatening to impose fees on undersea internet cables beneath the Strait of Hormuz, CNN reported on Sunday, raising concerns that Tehran could target a critical “digital corridor” for global finance, cloud services and communications as talks with Washington remain stalled.
Iranian military spokesperson Ebrahim Zolfaghari said on X last week that Tehran would “impose fees on internet cables,” while media linked to the Revolutionary Guard said major technology companies, including Google, Microsoft and Amazon, would be required to comply with Iranian law and pay usage fees. Cable-laying companies would also be required to pay for passage through the strait, with repair and maintenance rights granted exclusively to Iranian firms.
Iranian media also issued a vague warning that the flow of information through the cables could be disrupted if companies fail to pay the sums Tehran plans to demand. It remains unclear whether the cables in question pass through Iranian territorial waters, and U.S. sanctions could prevent technology companies from transferring money to Iran even if they sought to comply.
#Cables #Iran #DigitalThreat #ynetGlobal
Opinion: In an era in which lies are treated as free speech, a dangerous article in one of the world’s top newspapers leaves a lasting impression: that the Jewish state is a monster; even an apology buried deep inside the paper cannot undo the damage
***
It seems that the article published last week, “The Silence That Meets the Rape of Palestinians,” which amounts to journalistic pornography, should mark a watershed moment for journalism, which has sunk to an unprecedented moral low.
It is not as though this article was the first of its kind. For decades, the media has produced blood libels against Israel. But this time it was The New York Times.
Full article on our story
By: Ben Dror Yemini
#NYTimes #Journalism #BloodLibel #ynetGlobal #JewishNews #JewishCommunity
A Swiss study of one man sparked global reports, but found no live virus in semen; Dr. Noam Levitan explains why there is little reason to panic over sexual transmission fears
***
The headlines that spread online following the hantavirus outbreak aboard the cruise ship MV Hondius — which claimed the lives of three passengers — alarmed many around the world: Hantavirus can remain in men’s semen for six years and become a sexually transmitted disease.
But the science behind those headlines is far more complex, and the reality is far less alarming.
One man, one surprising finding
The basis for all the headlines is a not-especially-new study published about three years ago in the scientific journal Viruses by researchers from Switzerland’s Spiez Laboratory, a government institute specializing in biological threats. The study followed a 55-year-old Swiss man who was infected with the Andes strain of hantavirus after hiking from Ecuador to Chile between September and November 2016, and fell ill upon returning to Switzerland that December. He survived the disease.
Six years after his recovery, researchers tested samples of his seminal fluid and found traces of the virus’s genetic material, RNA, 71 months after infection. A full genome analysis, conducted once at the start of the illness and again six years later, found only minimal genetic changes — two point mutations and one small deletion. That finding suggests, according to the researchers, extremely limited viral replication over the years. “Our results show that Andes virus has the potential for sexual transmission,” they wrote at the time. The man’s blood also contained high levels of neutralizing antibodies, meaning he was most likely still fully immune to the virus.
More details on our story
By: Oren Reiss
#Hantavirus #Healthnews #ynetGlobal #SwissStudy
Funding for rehabilitation of northern border town delayed by a week after ministers fail to agree on plan, while residents still under Hezbollah drone fire demand answers on urgent economic aid and security
***
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the removal of a 5-billion-shekel plan for northern Israel from the agenda of Sunday’s Cabinet meeting in Jerusalem after ministers failed to agree on the wording of the government decision, ynet has learned.
The plan, which in its current form does not meet the rehabilitation needs of the north, is now expected to be submitted next week at a ceremonial Cabinet meeting in the north.
The package includes a series of significant decisions and major investments, but they are expected to bear fruit only years from now. They do not provide the immediate answers needed by residents of communities along the confrontation line, who are trying to adjust to the region’s current reality: a permanent wartime routine under Hezbollah fire and without security.
Full details on our site
The architectural firm Ada Karmi Melamede reveals how, Jerusalem’s historic character and modern urban needs can coexist
***
In Jerusalem, a city layered with history, where hundreds of buildings carry architectural significance, planning and construction become complex undertakings that present local and international architects with endless dilemmas on the way to finding the best design solutions. Against that backdrop, and in honor of Jerusalem Day, we took a closer look at some of the most prominent Jerusalem projects by Ada Karmi Melamede, led by partners Ori Lanir and Ofer Arusi, alongside managing partner Meital Yaffe. For decades, the firm has succeeded in translating the city’s unique spirit into an architectural language capable of containing its layered complexity.
@adakarmimelamedearchitects
https://bit.ly/4nyOiM0
#Architecture #Jerusalem #Israel #HIsotry #AdaKarmiMelamede
Despite Noam Bettan’s strong result and reports Bulgaria may not host, Israeli officials say bringing Eurovision to Israel next year is highly unlikely amid boycotts and political tensions
***
Bulgarian singer Dara’s Eurovision win has prompted speculation over whether runner-up Israel could host next year’s contest if Bulgaria is unable to do so, but Israeli officials familiar with the matter dismissed the possibility.
Bulgaria won the 2026 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna with Bangaranga, its first victory in the competition. Israel’s Noam Bettan finished second with Michelle, scoring 343 points in a contest marked by political tension, protests and boycotts by five countries over Israel’s participation.
Despite reports that Bulgaria may struggle to host the contest next year, Israeli officials said they do not expect the European Broadcasting Union to offer Israel the role.
“The EBU can do whatever it wants, and it is not obligated to offer hosting to Israel,” one official told ynet. “Everyone knows that at this time, hosting Eurovision in Israel would be very complicated. No one will want to get into that movie. If five countries boycotted just because of our participation, one can imagine what hosting in Israel would do. Maybe we will win next year and the geopolitical situation will be less complex.”
#Eurovision #Bulgaria #Israel #SongContest #NoamBettan
Inside the sunken Dead Sea party boat that became a desert shipwreck
Decades ago, it hosted wild all-night parties on the Dead Sea, with music until sunrise and a dance floor shaking from the bass, until a storm swept the legendary 'Lot’s Wife' ashore, where it now lies abandoned in the salt desert
***
Twenty-seven years ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to a serious party aboard a cruise ship on the Dead Sea. On the eve of the new millennium, Israel was a global party powerhouse, and every gimmick or fresh innovation on the dance floor was welcomed with open arms. Naturally, given the party’s rave-like atmosphere, only fragments of blurred memories remain, a wooden deck trembling under the force of dancers jumping in unison and the mesmerizing sight of glowing white salt formations rising from the water at sunrise.
Link to more details on our story
@assafkamar
#DeadSea #Travel #shipwreck #IsraelTravel #ynetGlobal #UriahLevuim #TourGuide #KibbutzEinGedi
FC Barcelona responded to Lamine Yamal’s Palestinian flag incident, distancing itself from the act and not featuring it in official channels; Hansi Flick expressed disapproval, calming online reactions and reaffirming club expectations | Opinion
https://bit.ly/4uSo1uC
By: Guy Leiba
#Barcelona #LamineYamal #FCBarcelona #ynetGlobal