Golfer’s elbow is a form of tendonitis that causes pain and inflammation in the tendons that connect the forearm to the elbow. The pain centers on the bony bump on the inside of your elbow and may radiate into the forearm. The medical term is medial epicondylitis.
Golfer’s elbow isn’t as well-known as tennis elbow. While both are forms of elbow tendinitis, tennis elbow stems from damage to tendons on the outside of the elbow, while golfer'
;s elbow is caused by tendons on the inside. Golfer’s elbow is less common.
If you have golfer’s elbow, you might have:
1. Stiffness in your elbow
2. Tenderness and pain, usually on the inner side of your elbow or the inner side of your forearm, but you could have pain with certain movements, like making a fist or swinging a golf club.
3. Tingling or numbness in your fingers (usually the ring and little fingers)
4. Weakness in your hands and wrists
Despite the name, this condition doesn’t just affect golfers. Any hand, wrist, or forearm motions that you do often can lead to golfer’s elbow. Things that can lead to golfer’s elbow besides golfing include
1. Sports that use a racket, like tennis.
2. Sports that rely on lots of throwing movements, like archery, baseball, bowling, football, javelin throwing, and softball.
3. Repetitive movements
4. Weight training
Most of the time, golfer’s elbow will go away without any special treatment. But you should manage it like any other overuse injury:
Apply ice to your elbow for 15 to 20 minutes 3 or 4 times per day.
Rest the injured elbow from aggravating activities
For pain, your doctor may recommend an oral NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) like aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen to reduce pain and swelling. A topical medication may help, as well.
You may also get an injection of a corticosteroid or painkiller (like lidocaine) in the elbow.
#fitness #gym #workout #fitnessmotivation #fit #motivation #bodybuilding #training #love #health #lifestyle #instagood #fitfam #healthylifestyle #sport #healthy #gymlife #instagram #follow #like #personaltrainer #crossfit #fashion #bhfyp #life #muscle #gymmotivation #fitnessmodel #exercise #reelsvideo